The Harvest of the Month Featured Produce is
Reasons to eat berries
1/2 cup of most berries provides:
- a good source of Vitamin C.
- a good source of fiber.
- a rich rource of phytochemicals, which come from plants and can help you stay healthy.
Home Grown Facts:
- California leads the nation in production of fresh raspberries.
- Blueberries can grow on bushes 12 feet tall!
- The tayberry, loganberry and boysenberry are hybrids of blackberries and raspberries.
- Strawberries are the most popular berry in America.
- Add berries to your cereal for more fiber and flavor.
- Keep a bag of mixed berries in the freezer for smoothies.
- Stir your favorite berries into lowfat yogurt for a tasty snack.
- Top pancakes with fresh blueberries.
- Mash berries to make your own jam.