The Harvest of the Month Featured Produce is
Reasons to eat broccoli
1/2 cup broccoli provides
- an excellent source of vitamins C and K.
- a good source of fiber.
- a source of vitamin A.
- Broccoli has been around for over 2,000 years and has been grown in the United States for more than 200 years.
- California is the #1 commercial producer of broccoli in the United States, producing more than 90% of the nation's crop.
- Broccoli is available year-round in California.
- Look for broccoli with a firm stem and tight, compact florets that are dark green.
- Rinse (don't soak) broccoli under cool water before serving.
- Cook broccoli by steaming, microwaving or stir-frying. Boiling causes some of the vitamins and minerals to be lost.