Sweet & Simple Sweet Potatoes
Delicious served alongside pork or poultry
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (or ground nutmeg)
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F and place oven rack in middle position.
- Scrub sweet potatoes well, place on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until very soft to the squeeze.
- Remove potatoes from oven; cool briefly to handling temperature.
- Cut both ends off each potato and carefully peel each potato.
- Place in a deep bowl and mash with potato masher, large fork, or back of a large spoon.
- Season with maple syrup, salt, black pepper, and ground cardamom or nutmeg, mixing well.
- If necessary, reheat briefly in microwave.
- Scoop into serving bowl and top with butter. Enjoy!
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 12%
- Sodium: 368 mg
- Protein: 3g